“What equipment do you use?”
Like many photographers, I’m often asked, particularly at art fairs, what equipment I use in my landscape photography. For those who find this of interest, the following list is my current camera equipment configuration. (I have owned many different Canon L lenses in the past, and over time, have settled on the following list). This equipment is pivotal to implementing my photographic vision in my images.
I have been asked “What’s my “Go To” lens?” I really don’t have one, per se.
If you enjoy reading about photography, you may find my photography library of interest.
- 1Ds Mark III (Canon, with Kirk “L” bracket)
- 16-35mm, f/2.8 L USM III (Canon)
- 24-70mm f/2.8 L USM II (Canon)
- 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS USM II (Canon, with Kirk quick release)
- 50mm f/1.2 L USM (Canon)
- 180mm f/3.5 L USM macro (Canon, with Kirk quick release)
- EF 1.4x III teleconverter (Canon)
- EF 25mm extender tube (Canon)
- polarizing filters (B&W XS-Pro Kaesemann HTC Circular Polarizer with Multi-Resistant Nano Coating)
- UV filters (B&W XS-Pro UV Haze with (MRC) mulit-resistant nano coating (010M))
- hand-held eTrex Vista GPS (Garmin)
- spare camera battery (Canon)
- 6 spare – 16 GB memory cards (5 Lexar, 1 SanDisc), additional to the 64GB card in my camera
- Mountaineer 1325 carbon fiber tripod (Gitzo)
- BH-1 ball head (Kirk Enterprises)
- ProTrekker 450 AW (Lowepro)